Coconut Curry Chicken Soup Recipe
Similar to a Vietnamese pho rice noodle soup, red curry vermicelli noodle soup packs big flavor and a bit of heat. The crisp raw vegetables help cool things down. —Monnie Norasing, Mansfield, Texas
- 2 cans (13.66 ounces each) coconut milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup red curry paste
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) thin rice noodles
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- Fresh basil and cilantro leaves
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring coconut milk to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 3 cups. Stir in curry paste until completely dissolved.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to package directions.
- 3. Add broth, brown sugar, fish sauce and garlic salt to curry mixture; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- 4. Drain noodles; divide among six large soup bowls. Ladle soup over noodles; top servings with vegetables, basil and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 601 calories, 34 g fat (26 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,722 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC