Coconut Cream Eggs
"The filling of these homemade chocolate Easter eggs is wonderful creamy and not too sweet," notes Janet Galasso of Lehighton, Pennsylvania.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add sugar and
- coconut. Refrigerate for 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Using hands dusted with confectioners' sugar, mold rounded
- tablespoonfuls of coconut mixture into egg shapes. Place on a waxed
- paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 2 hours or until slightly
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening. Remove eggs from the freezer a
- few at a time; dip into chocolate mixture until completely coated.
- Return to waxed paper; refrigerate until hardened. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 137 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 30 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a