Cocoa Cake Brownies
These fudgy brownies are delicious. People say that the moist treats have a texture somewhere between chewy and cake-like brownies. We like to break them into pieces and create a trifle with chocolate pudding, toffee chips and whipped topping.Helen Turner, Upland, Indiana
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 7 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a
- time, stirring well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine
- the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter
- mixture just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 2-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 109 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.