- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture; stir until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCocoa Cake Brownies
"Love these cake like brownies so much! They are perfect as is or with frosting or whipped cream."
"I thought these brownies were very dry as well. If not for the ice cream and fugde sauce we put on them, i would have ditched them in the trash."
"These were really dry, we were quite disappointed in them."