Classic Spinach Pizza Recipe
Our testers really went for the combination of flavors in this fresh and fancy pizza. Pretty and definitely company-special, it’s sure to become a favorite with your guests, too! Gilda Lester - Millsboro, DE
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 2 ounces pancetta or sliced bacon, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute garlic in drippings for 1 minute. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Drain spinach mixture on paper towels.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in oil until tender; add the pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; transfer to a small bowl and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the Mascarpone cheese, olives and pancetta.
- 3. Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan. Spread mushroom mixture over crust; layer with spinach mixture, provolone and Romano.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice equals 435 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 824 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC