Classic Spinach Dip Recipe
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons vegetable soup mix
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and water. Cover and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until wilted; drain. Cool slightly and squeeze dry.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the water chestnuts, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup mix, onion and spinach. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream and reduced-fat mayonnaise; calculated without crackers) equals 83 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.