Classic Spinach Dip Recipe
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons vegetable soup mix
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and water. Cover and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until wilted; drain. Cool slightly and squeeze dry.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the water chestnuts, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup mix, onion and spinach. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 83 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Classic Spinach Dip
"I've been making this dip for years (same ingredients at least) and absolutely love it (especially on game day). To make it even easier, you can use frozen, chopped, spinach that you've thawed and drained."
"Very good dip!I wilted the spinach stove-top, since I prefer not to nuke food.I served the dip with sliced red & yellow bell peppers, cucumbers and baby carrots. It made a beautifully colorful platter."