- 4 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons vegetable soup mix
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and water. Cover and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until wilted; drain. Cool slightly and squeeze dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the water chestnuts, sour cream, mayonnaise, soup mix, onion and spinach. Chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews forClassic Spinach Dip
"I also wilted the spinach on the stove. I don't normally like water chestnuts, but I chopped them very finely, and it was pretty good. I found it difficult to locate vegetable soup mix."
"This was good but not the best spinach dip I have had. It was a tad bit sour. I might make this again but then again I might try another recipe for spinach dip."
"I've been making this dip for years (same ingredients at least) and absolutely love it (especially on game day). To make it even easier, you can use frozen, chopped, spinach that you've thawed and drained."
"Very good dip!I wilted the spinach stove-top, since I prefer not to nuke food.I served the dip with sliced red & yellow bell peppers, cucumbers and baby carrots. It made a beautifully colorful platter."