- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed
- until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Spoon into pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out
- clean. Let stand 10 minutes before inverting onto serving plate.
- Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice. Yield: 9
Peach Upside-Down Cake: Omit the pineapple, pecans and cherries. Drain 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches, reserving 1/3 cup juice. Arrange peaches over brown sugar. Substitute reserved peach juice for the pineapple juice. Cranberry Orange Upside-Down Cake: Omit the pineapple, pecans and cherries. Sprinkle 1 cup halved fresh or frozen cranberries and 1 chopped peeled orange over brown sugar. Substitute 1/3 cup orange juice for the pineapple juice.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 361 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.