Classic Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 slices whole wheat or white bread, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1. In a large bowl, pour milk over bread. Add egg, onion, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; mix thoroughly. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape meat mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval.
- 2. Bake in a shallow pan at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Drain. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 183 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 390 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.