Cinnamon Chip Scones
“These scones will melt in your mouth,” writes Barbara Humiston of Tampa, Florida. “They’re delicious hot, warm or even cold!”
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 3-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder,
- baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse
- crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 10-12 times or
- until dough is no longer sticky. Divide in half; gently pat or roll
- each portion into a 7-in. circle. Brush with butter and sprinkle
- with remaining sugar.
- Cut each circle into six wedges. Separate wedges and place on an
- ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-13 minutes or until
- lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.