Frozen vegetables make for a fast and fabulous side dish in Charlene's Cinnamon Carrots. "When Anna was a little girl, the only vegetable she would eat was carrots covered in a packaged glaze," she recalls. "I ran out of glaze one day and created this taste-tempting recipe. I never bought a prepared glaze again."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cook carrots according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- saucepan, heat the honey, butter and cinnamon until butter is
- melted; stir to blend.
- Drain carrots; place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with honey mixture.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2 cup serving (prepared with 1 tablespoon butter) equals 90 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.