Chunky Veggie Beef Soup Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed (about 1 pound)
- 3 medium carrots, cubed
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fresh corn or frozen corn
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat in oil until no longer pink; drain. Add the broth, water and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2. Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- 3. Add corn and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 9 servings (about 3-1/4 quarts).
1-1/2 cup: 227 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chunky Veggie Beef Soup
"This is a delicious soup. I found it easy to prepare and both my husband and I declared it a keeper. Delicious on a chilly day. I omitted the nutmeg. We loved it."
"My whole family loved this soup! My son won't touch vegetables, including the ones I put in it, but he ate two bowls tonight and is a very happy boy. Thank you!"
"Great tasting soup!!"
"absolutely worth the time in the kitchen. makes enough for next days lunch. Very satisfying. thanks for sharing."
"We really like this hearty soup packed with vegetables. The flavors are great!"
"We love this soup! I use frozen mixed vegetables and use fresh potatoes to make this even easier. I also like to add some barley. Yummy!!"
"This soup has a unique flavor and is enjoyed by everyone. I prepare it for guests frequently...especially when it's cold and snowing. Enjoy!"
"This soup gets a thumbs up. It was the next best thing to grandma's. Great flavor!!!"
"This soup was great, the most picky 5 year old I know gobbled it up. You can easlily add more veggies too, I added frozen peas and they were great! This one is a keeper!"