Chunky Chipotle Pork Chili
Perfect for using leftover pork roast, this tasty, easy recipe can be made ahead and reheated—it's even better the second day. —Peter Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the green pepper, onion and chipotle
- pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the beans, broth, salsa, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Add pork; heat through. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup chili with 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 340 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 834 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.