Chunky Chipotle Pork Chili Recipe
Perfect for using leftover pork roast, this tasty, easy recipe can be made ahead and reheated—it's even better the second day. —Peter Halferty, Corpus Christi, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the green pepper, onion and chipotle pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Add the beans, broth, salsa, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add pork; heat through. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup chili with 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 340 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 834 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC