Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
- 8 milk chocolate bars without nuts (1.55 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, melt chocolate with water over low heat. Mixture will begin to harden.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, salt and soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in nuts if desired.
- 3. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan or fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 353 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Pound Cake
"I made this pound cake for work at one time and it has been requested for our Valentine's Day snacks this year, again. It is great as it is!"
"Everyone loved this cake (even all the kids I made it for)! Pair it with some vanilla ice cream, or whip cream. Delicious!!!"
"I make this pound cake all the time and simply love it:) It is my favorite pound cake recipe!"