- 8 milk chocolate bars without nuts (1.55 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate with water over low heat. Mixture will begin to harden. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Blend in the vanilla and chocolate mixture. Stir together flour, salt and soda; add alternately with buttermilk to batter. Fold in nuts, if desired. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan or fluted tube pan. Bake at 325° for about 1-1/2 hours or until cake tests done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to stand 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forChocolate Pound Cake
"I made this pound cake for work at one time and it has been requested for our Valentine's Day snacks this year, again. It is great as it is!"
"Everyone loved this cake (even all the kids I made it for)! Pair it with some vanilla ice cream, or whip cream. Delicious!!!"