Chocolate Pancakes with Chocolate Chips Recipe
Mornings will get off to a great start with these yummy double-chocolate pancakes. Whip up a batch on the weekend, and you'll have speedy breakfasts the whole family will rave about for days to come. Got chocolate milk? Feel free to use it in place of the milk and instant chocolate drink mix. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons instant chocolate drink mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Maple syrup and butter, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, drink mix and baking powder. Combine the egg, milk and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with maple syrup and butter if desired.
- 3. Cool remaining pancakes; arrange in a single layer on baking sheets. Freeze overnight or until frozen. Transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- 4. To use frozen pancakes: Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve with maple syrup and butter if desired. Yield: 11 pancakes.
1 serving (3 each) equals 611 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 1,393 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Pancakes with Chocolate Chips
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC