Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies Recipe
I got this recipe from my daughter years ago. I've taken these chewy filled cookies and the treasured recipe to many cookie exchanges.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling YIELD:15 servings
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Dash salt
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, water and chocolate chips. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Cool. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, butter, milk, extract, salt and, if desired, food coloring until smooth. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen cookies.
1 sandwich cookie equals 424 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC