Chocolate Mallow Cookies
Cocoa, marshmallows and ready-made frosting transform the basic dough into these delightful treats. "I like to top each with a pecan half," Gloria adds.
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups Basic Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 20 large marshmallows, halved
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a bowl, combine the cookie dough, sugar, cocoa, egg and milk; mix
- well. Stir in pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto
- ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Press a
- marshmallow half onto the top of each cookie. Bake 2 minutes longer
- or until marshmallow is puffed. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a medium
- star tip. Fill bag with frosting. Pipe a star onto each cookie.
- Yield: 40 cookies.