Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Chocolate frosting and multi-colored sprinkles
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with water and buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
1 cupcake (calculated without frosting and decorations): 157 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate Cupcakes
"Super easy to make and and can't do without my chocolate fix every day."
"Just finished making these and was pleasantly surprised how light and delicious they were. Will definitely keep on file and make again."
"So yummy and easy to make! Not too sweet either."
"love the chocolate so yummy tummy tubs want more"
"So chocolatey. Good with cream cheese frosting:)"
"From the picture, I expected this to be a rich chocolate taste. I was a little disappointed because it tastes more like something I could get from a box."
"Kinda disappointing to see a picture of a frosted cupcake but not get the frosting recipe."
"took these to potluck.saw several in trashvery moist,but the taste was not real good"
"Nice cupcake but no directions for yummy looking frosting nor help on making chocolate curls which made the cupcake look so lovely!"
"Sounds good, but what kind of icing, and how do you make the chocolate curls?"
"This is the first time I've made chocolate cupcakes from scratch, so I'm not sure how these compare to other recipes, but I thought they were really good. Soft, fairly moist, lots of flavor. The batter did seem a bit thick, so I added an extra tablespoon of water. I also added a few chocolate chips to each cupcake. Will definitely make these again."