Chocolate Cream Bonbons
My grandmother gave me this tasty recipe when I was a girl. Some of my fondest childhood memories are of her huge kitchen and all the delicious treats she made.
72 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, pecans, milk and
- butter. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking
- sheets. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on
- waxed paper; let stand until set. (If balls are too soft to dip,
- place in the freezer for a few minutes first.)
- Yield: about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.