Chocolate Cream Bonbons Recipe
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups (18 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, pecans, milk and butter. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. (If balls are too soft to dip, place in the freezer for a few minutes first.) Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 each: 84 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Cream Bonbons
"Bonnie Stice... From the Taste of Home site... http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/dairy-state-fudge"
"sure sounds good! haven't made them yet, but going to soon. Thanks, LOVE taste of home magazine, have made lots of stuff out of it!! Do any of you have the recipe for DAIRY STATE FUDGE? I had it and lost it! It is made of almond bark, cream cheese, pecans, and real butter. delicious, but I think there was another ingredient, and cannot remember what it was IF there was another one! Hope someone has it! Thanks, Bonnie Stice It may have been called WISCONSIN STATE FUDGE"
"cant get enough of them!"
"My mother also made these and they are delicious! You can delete the pecans and add different extracts to the mixture like rum, cherry, maple,or peppermint. In addition, coconut can be rolled into mixture before dipping in chocolate.D.Vogt"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.