- 4 cups (1 pound) confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup ground pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Form into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Melt the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl or in a double boiler over simmering water. Dip balls and place on waxed paper to harden. (If balls are too soft to dip, place in the freezer for a few minutes first.) Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Cream Bonbons
"Bonnie Stice... From the Taste of Home site... https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/dairy-state-fudge"
"sure sounds good! haven't made them yet, but going to soon. Thanks, LOVE taste of home magazine, have made lots of stuff out of it!! Do any of you have the recipe for DAIRY STATE FUDGE? I had it and lost it! It is made of almond bark, cream cheese, pecans, and real butter. delicious, but I think there was another ingredient, and cannot remember what it was IF there was another one! Hope someone has it! Thanks, Bonnie Stice It may have been called WISCONSIN STATE FUDGE"
"cant get enough of them!"
"My mother also made these and they are delicious! You can delete the pecans and add different extracts to the mixture like rum, cherry, maple,or peppermint. In addition, coconut can be rolled into mixture before dipping in chocolate.D.Vogt"