Chocolate Chunk Shortbread Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in confectioners' sugar.
- 3. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 109 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
"I have made this recipe for many years - and they are delicious!"
"I just made this recipe. I did a test sheet the cookies spread and were like lace. I chilled the dough for 2 hours baked as directed the cookies still spread."