Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
Chocolate is a nice addition to shortbread, as this scrumptious recipe proves. The shortbread cookies are delicious served with a cold glass of milk.—Brenda Mumma, Airdrie, Alberta
42 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour and cornstarch; gradually add to creamed mixture and
- mix well. Stir in chocolate.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten with a glass dipped in confectioners' sugar.
- Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 109 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.