- 3/4 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, coarsly chopped
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Gradually add flour and cornstarch. Stir in chocolate. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in confectioners' sugar. Bake at 300° for 30-33 minutes or until edges are lightly brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forChocolate Chunk Shortbread
"I have made this recipe for many years - and they are delicious!"
"I just made this recipe. I did a test sheet the cookies spread and were like lace. I chilled the dough for 2 hours baked as directed the cookies still spread."