Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Cinnamon Honey Syrup Recipe
"This is a great breakfast for special days, but it mixes up so fast that it's perfect for busy mornings as well," says LeeAnn Hansen of Kaysville, Utah.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- CINNAMON HONEY SYRUP:
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, milk and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Keep warm.
- 3. Combine the syrup ingredients in a 2-cup microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high until butter is melted and syrup is hot, stirring occasionally. Serve with pancakes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 702 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 1,003 mg sodium, 99 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC