Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
It's hard to believe this wonderfully moist chocolate cake starts with a cake mix and is so easy to make!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, grated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) regular or miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, eggs, sour cream, oil and water. Beat until well blended and creamy. Stir in chocolate and nuts. Spread into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 400 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC