- until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Gently spoon batter into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through
- the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on lowest rack
- at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until top springs back when lightly
- touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely. Run a knife around
- sides and center tube of pan. Invert cake onto a serving plate.
- For icing, melt butter in a saucepan. Remove from the heat; stir in
- the confectioners' sugar, chocolate, vanilla and water. Drizzle over
- cake. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 274 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.