Chocolate Caramel Cracker Bars Recipe
Made on Saturday and gone by Monday, these Chocolate Caramel Bars with a cracker crust are just that good. —Allysa Billhorn, Wilton, Iowa
- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 45 Club crackers (2-1/2x1 inch)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Line a 9-in.-square baking pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter. Arrange a single layer of crackers in the pan.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine milk, brown sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; cook and stir 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Evenly spread a third of the mixture over the crackers. Repeat cracker and caramel layers twice.
- 3. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over caramel; let stand 3-5 minutes or until glossy. Spread over top. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until chocolate is set. Using foil, lift layers out of pan; cut into 3x1-in. bars. Yield: 27 bars.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC