- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 45 Club crackers (2-1/2x1 inch)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter. Arrange a single layer of crackers in the pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, brown sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; cook and stir 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Evenly spread a third of the mixture over the crackers. Repeat cracker and caramel layers twice.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over caramel; let stand 3-5 minutes or until glossy. Spread over top. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until chocolate is set. Using foil, lift layers out of pan; cut into 3x1-in. bars. Yield: 27 bars.
Reviews forChocolate Caramel Cracker Bars
"Not sure what happened but my filling is not firm cannot cut it need suggestions"
"Didn't care for these , will not be making again, but thanks for the recipe!"
"Delicious and easy!"
"I made these for a bake sale and they were a big hit! very yummy"
"they are wonderful and I put them in the oven at lowest temperature so the chocolate chips melt in order to smooth them out easier."
"Wonderful and easy."
"I made these bars with Graham Crackers instead of club crackers, and sprinkled chopped walnuts on top of chocolate.Excellent bars."
"These are so delicious! I brought them to a women's function and one lady told me they were the best bars she's ever had! I would stir frequently though while making the caramel instead of "occasionally" so it doesn't stick."
"I haven't made them yet ... I am confused by a reviewer's comment about removing them from the oven ... oven???? I don't see that part in the recipe."