Chive Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and mustard until blended; gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cream and chives. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 407 calories, 35 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 121 mg cholesterol, 1,053 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Chive Mushroom Soup
"This soup was amazing! I love mushrooms, my family does not so this is the perfect proportion for just one person for two separate meals. Made it exactly as the recipe called for and plan to make it again. So glad I don't have to share. :)"
"I love this soup, but to make it a little more substantial, I gradually add mashed potato flakes at the end of the cooking process until the soup is as thick as I like it."