Chive Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and mustard until blended; gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cream and chives. Cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 407 calories, 35g fat (22g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1053mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Chive Mushroom Soup
"This soup was amazing! I love mushrooms, my family does not so this is the perfect proportion for just one person for two separate meals. Made it exactly as the recipe called for and plan to make it again. So glad I don't have to share. :)"