Chinese Takeout-on-a-Stick Recipe
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; remove 3 tablespoons for basting. Add chicken to remaining soy sauce mixture; toss to coat. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and broccoli.
- 2. Place skewers on greased grill rack. Cook, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until chicken is no longer pink, 10-15 minutes, turning occasionally. Baste with reserved soy mixture during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
1 skewer: 261 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Chinese Takeout-on-a-Stick
"Very quick and easy enough for a week night meal. I broiled it on low for 10 minutes and served with microwavable rice bowls."
"my family loved the flavor! (I made them with out the stick in the skillet, but this summer will try on the grill)."
"Great flavor without having to marinate ahead of time."
"This is the best marinade. Will definitely make it again. I let it marinate for about an hour."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.