I like to serve chicken and broccoli with rice, along with a side of pineapple or other fresh fruit. Leftovers (if there are any) are great the next day when used in a salad or wrapped in a flour tortilla with a little mayonnaise. —Bethany Seeley, Warwick, Rhode Island
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; remove 3
- tablespoons for basting. Add chicken to remaining soy sauce mixture;
- toss to coat. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately
- thread chicken and broccoli.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill skewers, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until chicken
- is no longer pink, turning occasionally; baste with reserved soy
- mixture during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 skewer equals 261 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat,