Chinese Country-Style Pork Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish with water, liquid smoke if desired and onion powder. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Drain ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally and basting with sauce.
Freeze option: Place cooled ribs in a resealable freezer bag and freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in a baking pan; cover and bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 284 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer