Chinese Country-Style Pork Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish with water, liquid smoke if desired and onion powder. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Drain ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally and basting with sauce.
Freeze option: Place cooled ribs in a resealable freezer bag and freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in a baking pan; cover and bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 284 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 423mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Chinese Country-Style Pork Ribs
"i am a chinese food junkie and this is a keeper,but i did add fresh grated ginger to my taste[fabuloso]"
"I did the ribs in the microwave on high 20 minutes as the recipe says but they were tough. I would not make this recipe again."
"I don't recommend microwaving the ribs because it made them very dry. The sauce, however, is amazing! I'm going to try it on marinated pork chops next."
"I pre-cooke in microwave as suggested and used boneless ribs, and they were delicious! Just the recipe I've been looking for."
"I par-boiled the ribs in beer and water until tender. For the sauce, I ommitted the honey...and the ribs were still hot and sweet!"