- 4 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs (1-1/2-in. thick)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place the ribs, water, Liquid smoke if desired and onion powder in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain ribs. Grill ribs, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned, basting with sauce and turning occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forChinese Country-Style Pork Ribs
"i am a chinese food junkie and this is a keeper,but i did add fresh grated ginger to my taste[fabuloso]"
"I did the ribs in the microwave on high 20 minutes as the recipe says but they were tough. I would not make this recipe again."
"I don't recommend microwaving the ribs because it made them very dry. The sauce, however, is amazing! I'm going to try it on marinated pork chops next."
"I pre-cooke in microwave as suggested and used boneless ribs, and they were delicious! Just the recipe I've been looking for."
"I par-boiled the ribs in beer and water until tender. For the sauce, I ommitted the honey...and the ribs were still hot and sweet!"