Chilled Strawberry Yogurt Soup
I enjoyed a cool berry soup at a restaurant several years ago. The manager gave me some of the ingredients and none of the amounts, so I tinkered with what I had to get this refreshing rendition.
Phyllis Hammes of Rochester, Minnesota
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups vanilla yogurt, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract or 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a food processor, combine the strawberries, 1 cup yogurt,
- confectioners' sugar, orange juice concentrate and extract; cover
- and process until blended. Garnish each serving with a dollop of
- remaining yogurt. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 174 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk, 1/2 starch.