Chilled Strawberry Yogurt Soup Recipe
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1-1/4 cups vanilla yogurt, divided
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract or 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a food processor, combine the strawberries, 1 cup yogurt, confectioners' sugar, orange juice concentrate and extract; cover and process until blended. Garnish each serving with a dollop of remaining yogurt. Yield: 3 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 174 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chilled Strawberry Yogurt Soup
"I tried this, thinking it would be very bland. No such luck. It was delicious! Simple and elegant is a great way to describe it."
"I have tried several chilled fruit soups and this is my favorite. I've even substituted other fruits, pineapple, mixed berries, and it is always a delicious hit with whomever I am serving. Thank you!"
"My husband and I made this soup almost weekly this past summer. So tasty and easy to make. Luv it."