Chili Spaghetti Recipe
My husband often requested that his grandma make this dish.—Pam Thompson, Girard, Illinois
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces spaghetti, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until spaghetti is just tender. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 321 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 1,042 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC