Chili con Queso Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla or corn chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, tomato sauce, green chilies, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder if desired and garlic powder; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 147 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 461mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Chili con Queso Dip
"My family Really liked this recipe. I added some cummin and a small amount of grated pepper jack. It was really rich, so you can't eat lots. For this reason, and the fact that it's easy, it makes a great appetizer."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.