Chili con Queso Dip
I can count on a roomful of smiles whenever I make this---and it couldn't be easier!Tammy Leiber, Navasota, Texas
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla or corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, tomato sauce, green
- chilies, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder if desired and garlic
- powder; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with chips. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 147 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.