Chili con Queso Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla or corn chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, tomato sauce, green chilies, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder if desired and garlic powder; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 147 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 461 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Chili con Queso Dip
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.