- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Tortilla or corn chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next six ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the cheese melts. Transfer to fondue pot or chafing dish. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews forChili con Queso Dip
"My family Really liked this recipe. I added some cummin and a small amount of grated pepper jack. It was really rich, so you can't eat lots. For this reason, and the fact that it's easy, it makes a great appetizer."