Chili Chicken Strips Recipe
Instead of ordinary bread crumbs, seasoned crushed corn chips coat these slightly crunchy chicken fingers. If your family likes food with some zip, use the full 1-1/2 teaspoons of chili powder. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3/4 cup crushed corn chips
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another shallow bowl, beat egg. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in corn chip mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook half of the chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 8-10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Repeat with remaining chicken and butter. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 265 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC