Chili Chicken Strips Recipe
- 3/4 cup crushed corn chips
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another shallow bowl, beat egg. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in corn chip mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook half of the chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 8-10 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Repeat with remaining chicken and butter. Yield: 6 servings.
3 each: 265 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Chili Chicken Strips
"I was a little hesitant to make these as stated because I didn't think the butter was enough to cook the chicken through and not burn the coating. While it was close, I managed to get them cooked without too much of the coating being overcooked. The flavor of these chicken strips was like chili flavored corn chips. We enjoyed them immensely!"
"These are soooo good. To add a little extra spice for my husband I will make them with some type of spicy doritos chips. Big favorite with all of our kids, teenagers and toddlers alike."