- 3/4 cup crushed corn chips
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another shallow bowl, beat egg. Dip chicken strips in egg, then coat with corn chip mixture. In a large skillet, cook half of the chicken in 2 tablespoons butter for 8-10 minutes or until the juices run clear. Repeat with remaining chicken and butter. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChili Chicken Strips
"I was a little hesitant to make these as stated because I didn't think the butter was enough to cook the chicken through and not burn the coating. While it was close, I managed to get them cooked without too much of the coating being overcooked. The flavor of these chicken strips was like chili flavored corn chips. We enjoyed them immensely!"
"These are soooo good. To add a little extra spice for my husband I will make them with some type of spicy doritos chips. Big favorite with all of our kids, teenagers and toddlers alike."