Chicken Zucchini Casserole Recipe
"A co-worker shared this recipe that was originally her grandmother's," writes Bev Dutro from Dayton, Ohio. "When I make it, I use a box of refrigerated cooked chicken and fresh zucchini my neighbor gives me from his garden."
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix and butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add the zucchini, chicken, soup, carrot, onion and sour cream to the remaining stuffing mixture.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 481 calories, 31 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 1,174 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC