- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix and butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Add the zucchini, chicken, soup, carrot, onion and sour cream to the remaining stuffing mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved stuffing mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Zucchini Casserole
"A summer favorite!"
"Very good will make again"
"Made this exactly as written except for adding a bit more chicken. Even my mom who's not a big fan of zucchini said to make sure to keep the recipe - she especially appreciated that the zucchini still had a little bit of snap to it rather than being mushy."
"I have used this recipe several times this year. The only thing I do differently is I use 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and I add a mix of parmesan and mozzarella cheese. I add the cheese about 10 minutes before the casserole is finished baking. I was told to put a 5 star on the recipe I had printed. Very good.!!"
"This turned out excellent. The only adjustment I made was to use a similar amount of herbed salad croutons instead of the stuffing mix. I need to avoid the MSG in many stuffing mixes. The large cut made for a little crunch from even some of the croutons in the mixture. Was impressed the the zucchini also still had some crunch, and there was no soupyness from the zucchini. Will make again."
"We look forward to the summer's crop of zucchini just so that I can make this recipe. Our family loves it!!"