Chicken with Garlic-Caper Sauce Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Hot cooked bow tie pasta
- 1. Flatten chicken slightly; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the cream, wine, tomatoes and capers; cook until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half (calculated without fettuccine) : 351 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Chicken with Garlic-Caper Sauce
"very good the whole family liked it!"
"This recipe is super easy and the sauce is so yummy! Really love the combination of the capers and sun-dried tomatoes. I definitely will be making this again!"
"This has become one of my "go to" recipes for a quick and yummy dinner."
"This dish is totally up my alley as I love sundried tomatoes and capers. But, my son gobbled it up and the hubby liked it too. Great flavor. Even though I only cooked for 3, I made the additional sauce for the noodles."
"Great. Easy enough for the hubby to make too!"
"Really good. Smells so yummy while it cooks. I think this is a winner and it's so easy! I served with couscous rather than pasta."
"Delic. Love this recipe n so easy."
"Fabulous! My husband couldn't stop raving about it."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.