Chicken with Garlic-Caper Sauce
Treat your taste buds to this easy-to-make classic—bursting with Mediterranean goodness. It’s satisfying served with the versatile sauce. But it won’t weigh you down.—Marilee Anker, Chatsworth, California
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Hot cooked bow tie pasta
- Flatten chicken slightly; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large
- skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil for 5-7 minutes on
- each side or until juices run clear. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- Stir in the cream, wine, tomatoes and capers; cook until sauce is
- slightly thickened. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half (calculated without fettuccine) equals 351 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.