Chicken Veggie Packets Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Layer the mushrooms, carrots, onions and red pepper over chicken; sprinkle with pepper, thyme and salt if desired.
- 2. Fold foil around chicken and vegetables and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each equals 189 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chicken Veggie Packets
"Very surprised at the high ratings...sorry!"
"I've been making this since the recipe came out in 1999...I can't believe I never rated it!! You can substitute chopped onion for the pearl onions, I do it all the time, I also don't add the thyme since it's not a seasoning I'm fond of. You definitely can't go wrong making this recipe...sooo yummy and it's fantastic with rice!! =)"
"My whole family loves this recipe! It is easy to fix with purchasing pre-sliced mushrooms, and baby carrots. If I don't have pearl onions on hand, I substitute chopped sweet onion. My 8 year old daughter likes to help me fix the packets as well."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.