Chicken Veggie Packets
People think I fussed when I serve these packets. Individual aluminum foil pouches hold the juices in during baking to keep the herbed chicken moist moist and tender. It saves time and makes clean up a breeze.Edna Shaffer, Beulah, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; place each on a piece
- of heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Layer the mushrooms,
- carrots, onions and red pepper over chicken; sprinkle with pepper,
- thyme and salt if desired.
- Fold foil around chicken and vegetables and seal tightly. Place on a
- baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until chicken
- juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 each equals 189 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as