Chicken Veggie Packets Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Layer the mushrooms, carrots, onions and red pepper over chicken; sprinkle with pepper, thyme and salt if desired.
- 2. Fold foil around chicken and vegetables and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each equals 189 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Chicken Veggie Packets
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.