- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup pearl onions
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Layer the mushrooms, carrots, onions and red pepper over chicken; sprinkle with pepper, thyme and salt if desired.
- Fold foil around chicken and vegetables and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. If desired, serve with lemon wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Veggie Packets
"Sounds as if it might be low carb for a diabetic but no nutrient info provided on this recipe -- unusual for TOH! Can you provide?"
"My family and I loved this recipe! The chicken was so moist, juicy, and flavorful. Changes I made: used sliced yellow onions instead of pearl and no carrots. Next time I am going to try dark meat as well."
"Very surprised at the high ratings...sorry!"
"I've been making this since the recipe came out in 1999...I can't believe I never rated it!! You can substitute chopped onion for the pearl onions, I do it all the time, I also don't add the thyme since it's not a seasoning I'm fond of. You definitely can't go wrong making this recipe...sooo yummy and it's fantastic with rice!! =)"
"My whole family loves this recipe! It is easy to fix with purchasing pre-sliced mushrooms, and baby carrots. If I don't have pearl onions on hand, I substitute chopped sweet onion. My 8 year old daughter likes to help me fix the packets as well."