Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In large bowl, combine the chicken, bacon, water chestnuts, celery and grapes; set aside. In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; add to salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 316 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Salad
"Our family loves this chicken Salad however I have made a couple changes: I omit the bacon & add about a cup of craisins & pecans. Our favorite summer time salad."
"Want to try"
"Our very favorite chicken salad recipe. I also made it for my daughters baby shower served with crosant rolls. The grapes are a pleasant surprise."
"I make this at least once a month. My husband LOVES it! I really like it served on romaine and topped with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing."
"The ingredients sound a little peculiar, but TRY this recipe. It is delightful. My children are grown and still call for the recipe!"
"My husband was skeptical at first because of all the ingredients but we both loved it the minute we tasted it!"
"I really wanted to like this...I'm sorry. It wasn't that great-there was just too much going on and not as much flavor as I would have liked."
"I tried it & had high hopes but it just didn't taste as good as I had hoped."
"OMG, this is the best chicken Salad I've ever made. I think the secret is in the Worschester sauce, who would of thought? Plus, I always add 4 heaping tablespoons of fat free cool whip to my mayo salads and I use light mayo to cut down on the fat calories. Yummo."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.