- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 3/4 cup salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons finely minced onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chicken, bacon, water chestnuts, celery and grapes in large bowl; set aside. In another bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; add to salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Salad
"Want to try"
"I make this at least once a month. My husband LOVES it! I really like it served on romaine and topped with a raspberry vinaigrette dressing."
"The ingredients sound a little peculiar, but TRY this recipe. It is delightful. My children are grown and still call for the recipe!"
"My husband was skeptical at first because of all the ingredients but we both loved it the minute we tasted it!"
"I really wanted to like this...I'm sorry. It wasn't that great-there was just too much going on and not as much flavor as I would have liked."
"I tried it & had high hopes but it just didn't taste as good as I had hoped."