Chicken Rice Burritos Recipe
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce, divided
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Additional picante sauce and cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in chicken, chili powder, 1/4 cup broth and 3/4 cup of picante sauce. Heat through; set aside.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, bring rice and remaining broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in remaining picante sauce; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir into chicken mixture. Add olives and 2 cups cheese.
- 3. Spoon 1 cup filling, off center, on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling, then roll up. Arrange burritos in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with picante sauce and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 1,133 calories, 42 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 216 mg cholesterol, 2,133 mg sodium, 96 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 75 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.