Chicken Rice Burritos Recipe
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce, divided
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Additional picante sauce and cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in chicken, chili powder, 1/4 cup broth and 3/4 cup of picante sauce. Heat through; set aside.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, bring rice and remaining broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in remaining picante sauce; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir into chicken mixture. Add olives and 2 cups cheese.
- 3. Spoon 1 cup filling, off center, on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling, then roll up. Arrange burritos in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with picante sauce and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 1133 calories, 42g fat (20g saturated fat), 216mg cholesterol, 2133mg sodium, 96g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 13g fiber), 75g protein
Reviews for Chicken Rice Burritos
"Delicious recipe! I made these for my son's teachers' luncheon and they were a hit. They had a little kick to them but weren't too spicy. Very authentic tasting and easy to make."
"great recipe. I love chicken Burrito because it is healthy and authentic food.http://sweb2.dmit.nait.ca/adhaliwal16/Chipotle-Chicken-Burrito/"
"Love this recipe. Yummy burritos. Would make more often if my kids were rice fans."
"Very good! I didn't use the green onions or garlic (didn't have them on hand), and I added black beans and corn and used whole wheat tortillas. Excellent!"
"I've made this recipe for years--ever since it first came out in TOH's cookbook. I serve it with a recipe that combines lime jello and cream cheese."
"I've made this recipe dozens of times, and everyone who tastes it, loves it! It does take a little time to prepare, but it's well worth it."
"My family absolutely loves this recipe! It is one of our all-time favorites from TOH. They request it often."
"The sodium and fat content are a bit high. I substituted low salt broth, and used far less cheese than called for. I also used a salsa with a lower salt content, and used brown rice. Yummy!"
"I use yellow onion and salsa instead of the picante. THESE ARE YUMMY! Guests love these and request the recipe! :) Nancy"
"We have these quite often. If I plan on roasting a turkey,I use the leftovers to make this. I make a double batch and our grown children will have supper that night for their families. Easy and uses items I always have on hand."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.