- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 7 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce, divided
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Additional picante sauce and cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in chicken, chili powder, 1/4 cup broth and 3/4 cup of picante sauce. Heat through; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring rice and remaining broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in remaining picante sauce; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir into chicken mixture. Add olives and 2 cups cheese.
- Spoon 1 cup filling, off center, on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling, then roll up. Arrange burritos in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Cover and bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with picante sauce and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChicken Rice Burritos
"Love this recipe. It takes a bit of preparation, but it's worth it in the end!"
"The flavors here come together to make these burritos special. I serve for family and they loved them."
"Delicious recipe! I made these for my son's teachers' luncheon and they were a hit. They had a little kick to them but weren't too spicy. Very authentic tasting and easy to make."
"Love this recipe. Yummy burritos. Would make more often if my kids were rice fans."
"Very good! I didn't use the green onions or garlic (didn't have them on hand), and I added black beans and corn and used whole wheat tortillas. Excellent!"
"I've made this recipe for years--ever since it first came out in TOH's cookbook. I serve it with a recipe that combines lime jello and cream cheese."
"I've made this recipe dozens of times, and everyone who tastes it, loves it! It does take a little time to prepare, but it's well worth it."
"My family absolutely loves this recipe! It is one of our all-time favorites from TOH. They request it often."