Chicken Rice Bowl Recipe
This is so easy to toss together on a busy weeknight, and I usually have the ingredients on hand. I start sauteing the onion and pepper first, then I prepare the instant rice. If you like, top it with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen green pepper, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook rice in broth according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, corn, peas, basil and sage. Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes over medium heat or until heated through. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 239 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC