- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped frozen green pepper, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-serve grilled chicken breast strips
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice in broth according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the chicken, corn, peas, basil and sage. Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes over medium heat or until heated through. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken Rice Bowl
"I made 2 cups of rice (Just added enough water to the broth to make 2 cups), and added a few more vegetables just because we love rice. Very good and quick!"
"this was really good, my husband went back for seconds. The sage was a little overpowering. Next time I won't add so much sage."
"Everyone took seconds!"
"This is a way simple recipe that is delicious! My daughter really loves it and she is a year and a half."
"nice with soy sauce"
"Tasty! It was like a light version of fried rice sans the egg. I didn't have peas & carrots either; but it was flavorful even just with the onion/peppers."