This recipe has an impressive look and taste with little preparation. The leftover chicken gets Mexican flair from cumin in this fun main dish. Linda Wetzel, Woodland Park, Colorado
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2/3 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream and guacamole
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Cook,
- uncovered, over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through,
- stirring occasionally.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter; place buttered side down on
- a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/3 cup chicken mixture over
- half of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese.
- Fold plain side of tortilla over cheese. Bake at 375° for 9-11
- minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges; serve with
- sour cream and guacamole. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 477 calories, 26 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 901 mg sodium,